"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but i think I have ended up where I needed to be."
-Douglas Adams

Monday 13 June 2016

the haunting

and so the haunting begins
unable to reach out and hold
the yielding warmth of beloved flesh
you stalk my dreams
so real my mind constructs you
that when I wake, I turn to find you
reminded over and again
of the final emptiness
my life without you

and you should never doubt
that you are loved
complete and whole for who you are
and I the fool
who realized too late
that love is more than place and time
love is the shared dream of tomorrow
love is the instant shared
love is yesterday forgiven
all less than perfect
overlooked for the sake of forever

for who would plead for perfection
when they had love

copyright © 2016 by Eryll Oellermann

No comments: