"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but i think I have ended up where I needed to be."
-Douglas Adams

Tuesday 11 July 2017

in the summer time ...

and i'm watching Wimbledon! I don't watch tennis, well, i never used to but obviously my increasing years have changed me and now I do... sometimes.

summertime in Scotland, long, long days of light, short nights, the darkness hardly arrived before banishment and the return of light. I stress light because summer time in Scotland does not necessarily mean sunshine!

The rain still falls, warmer, gentler and not every single day. the grass fields grow green and tall and tractors work through the long light nights harvesting . The wheat turns gold and massive combine harvesters take in the crop, followed by a posse of sea gulls flown inland for the feast of the killing fields. Those giant blades take their toll on the small creatures who have chosen to make their lives amidst the living growing world of the wheat fields.


No comments: