"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but i think I have ended up where I needed to be."
-Douglas Adams

Tuesday 11 April 2017

a long goodbye


i am in heaven but also in hell
don't know you at all yet i know you so well
we are together and yet i am quite alone
you only wake up to my voice on the phone
you say “oh my love i was thinking of you,
when are you coming are you missing me too”
is it wrong, is it cruel to reach across time
and remind you once more that your heart is mine
is using the magic of “remember when we ...”
a cruel waste of time which is damaging me
questions repeated, no knowledge retained
that magnificent memory now gradually drained
this awful progression eroding your mind
as the weeks pass us by you are harder to find
i know in my heart that i should stay away
but the light of your love so brightens my day
so i guess i'll keep calling till one day you don't know
the voice on the phone and who still loves you so


Copyright © 2017 by Eryll Oellermann

No comments: